Using Data Tables Generator with the excellent Front-end Editing Pro feature allows you to create a tables which can have cells edited.
Front-end editing is designed to allow editing of individual fields for users in a table. The most common use case is to simply click on the cell you want to edit, fill the data and complete. This will save the data and the row will be immediately updated.
To make editing possible, you need to set and specify the cells and columns you want to allow users to edit. You just need to follow simple settings and enjoy the new advantage for website visitors.
Moreover, Front-end Editing Feature let you use the such additional option:
- Use Editable Fields only for logged in users by enabling this option.
- Track logged in users editable drop-down list results with a History Tables option.
- Use editable fields only for users with selected roles.
- Edit the field in Drop Down Bar (List).
- Use formulas inside Drop-down list
- Enable Save Front-end Fields to see the previous user’s changes.
- Save data to the table through editable fields.
The example shows all advantages of Front-end Editing Feature:
If you are interested in a full implementation of Data Tables Generator features, check out all examples and documentation of plugin, which provides a flexible and easy creation and editing tables with all necessary functions.